Dear Good Shepherd Parish Family,
Another Annual Meeting Sunday has come and gone.
If you were there this past Sunday, you'll know about the good eats, fine reports, great good news, and official actions of the parish family. If you weren't there (or would enjoy savoring it again), here's a brief outline of the highlights:
1. Mrs. Sue Rauschuber, Gala Harvey, Dee Neeley, Susan Steele, and Sara Smith prepared and served a wonderful & delicious reception after the 9:15 Sunday Mass. (Please, if I have left your name off...forgive me!)
2. Fr. Smith's Pastoral Address included the great good news that Gloria McHargue, who died mid-October, left GSAC a bequest of $37,000 ! (The Vestry, in their retreat which starts tonight, will begin to determine how to be good stewards of this major gift). Praise God for Gloria's generosity!!
3. Three new Vestry members were elected: Kathy Green, Art Hall, and John Sweatt. The following volunteered as the new convention delegates & alternates: Kitty Blackwell, Susan Wells, Bing Goodale, and John Sweatt.
4. A new outreach ministry..."Good Shepherd's Pantry" was presented in a power-point (on our new SMART TV!) by Kathy Hanlon and Debra Cox. The construction of the pantry will take awhile. Mr. Gary Cox and Jim Hanlon will be making it happen!
5. A recent record in numbers of pledges and total budgeted revenue was reported by our Treasurer Jim Randle. In 2017, we exceeded our expected Income, and we were "over budget" in expenses by about $300. This was a 'banner year' for finances at GSAC!
6. After the Meeting, the Vestry organized itself by elected its Jr. Warden...John Sweatt...its Treasurer...Jim Randle, and its Clerk... Marti Barber. Fr. Smith announced the appointment of Charles (Bing) Goodale as the Sr. Warden for 2018.
THE CALENDAR FORWARD
Here's what's coming down the pike at GSAC:
MARK YOUR CALENDARS:
01/21/2018 SUNDAY MASS: 9:15 Mass;
1/22-1/26 Morning Prayer in the Chapel, 8 a.m.
1/22 SANDWICH MINISTRY; MONDAYS AT 5 PM in the parish hall
1/22-1/25 CLERGY AT MANDATORY SILENT RETREAT. NO Weekday MASSES @ GSAC.
1/23 TUESDAY MORNING Bible Study only @ 11 a.m.
1/24 WEDNESDAY EVENING MASS & DINNER in RECESS this week.
1/24 DOK MEETING at 5pm
1/27 BROTHERHOOD OF ST. ANDREW meets: 8 a.m. MP, followed by b’fast & meeting.
1/30 TUESDAY MORNING Mass, 10 a.m; Bible Study at 11 a.m. in parish hall
1/31 WEDNESDAY EVENING MASS in chapel at 6:30 pm, followed by dinner “on the town”
2/06 PRAYER SHAWL MINISTRY in the parish hall; 10 a.m.
2/07 New ACW meeting day/time: 5pm, followed by Wednesday Mass, & dinner
2/09-02/10 DIOCESAN MEN’S CONFERENCE at St. Peter & St. Paul’s in Arlington
2/13 SHROVE TUESDAY PANCAKE SUPPER in the parish hall, 5pm to 7 pm
2/14 ASH WEDNESDAY: L E N T B E G I N S: 3 Masses: 7 a.m./Noon/7 PM
May God bless GSAC, as it continues to follow her "Good Shepherd"...Jesus our Lord.